Serres Rally – 2018
Desert Rose Racing will be providing transport and assistance to the 2018 Serres Rally, one of our favourite events!
25th August – 31st August
The Serres Rally is once again being based at the fantastic Elpida hotel and resort above the vibrant town of Serres. With 7 days of competitive riding, the event is known for the variety of terrain that it encompasses. Including sections that take in past ISDE routes, at times it presents a good technical challenge! With more than its fair share of fast flowing tracks from the high mountains down to the beaches of the famed lakes! Come and join us on this fantastic event, with brilliant routes, a great hotel, the best organisation and fantastic racing!
Desert Rose Racing will be offering two levels of assistance for the Serres Rally, ‘Lite’ and ‘Full’, the details of which are explained below. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfillment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! With nearly 20 years of Rallye experience, there is rarely a situation that occurs that we haven’t experienced before!
Both packages include:
● Our advice and support right from the start, on everything from preparing yourself and the bike, kit and gear choices, to help with the logistics of arriving at the event. All from our experience gained from our many years in the Rally world.
● Bike transport, to and from the event, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres, as well as extra tyres/mousses depending on event. This would all be transported bivouac to bivouac each day.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates!
● The Serres rally traditional has service and refuelling points each day. Our service vehicle will be there, carrying refuelling facilities and providing advice, refreshments, a covered area out of the weather, and carrying a selection of tools. The support vehicle does not leave until the last team rider has passed through.
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. Early on in your rally career this can be a rather daunting prospect!
● A Desert Rose Racing team jersey and tee-shirt.
Our full support package:
In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our full support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and too the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.
For more information, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into contact, whether its about the event itself, preparation of you or your bike, or anything else you can think of!