Red Bull Romaniacs – 2019
Desert Rose Racing are pleased to announce that they will be providing assistance services to the Red Bull Romaniacs
July 30th – August 3rd 2019
For the ninth year in a row, Desert Rose Racing will be providing assistance to the Red Bull Romaniacs. Offering both our ‘Lite’ and ‘Factory’ assistance packages, as well as being able to provide fully prepared ‘Romaniacs Ready’ bike hire!
Romaniacs is known to off road motorcyclists the world over, described by Red Bull themselves as a Hard Enduro Rallye, and with the tagline of the ‘World’s hardest enduro’ it’s an event many aspire to complete! For 2019 the event is returning to its previous format of it being based in Sibiu for the 5 days. The event promises some of the hardest and most ‘extreme’ terrain known in any Enduro, with long days and very little easy going as soon as you pass under the Red Bull arch each morning, it certainly lives up to its name!
We will be offering two levels of assistance, ‘Lite’ and ‘Factory’ the details of which are explained over the next few pages. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfilment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! This year we are also offering a ‘Transport only’ package as well.
Both packages include:
● Bike transport, to and from Sibui, Romania, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A professional work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates, all under cover, should the weather take a turn for the worse. We are always parked in the main paddock, closest to both the organisation hotel and the prologue, with easy access to the main routes in and out of the city!
● This year with the addition of the remote Bivouac, the organisers have advised that transport to the start each day is not necessary. However should this change nearer the event, this is a service we can provide.
● A support vehicle at each day’s service check points, providing advice, refreshments, a covered area out of the weather, and carrying a selection of tools. The support vehicle does not leave until the last team rider has passed through.
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. If you haven’t raced abroad before, this can be a rather daunting prospect!
Our ‘Factory’ support package:
● In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our ‘Factory’ support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and to the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.
● If we deem that certain jobs are unnecessary then these will not be carried out, repairs due to lack of preparation will be charged for as well as damages caused by abuse, and changing of parts for new when there is no problem with old.
Transport only package:
● Bike transport, to and from Sibiu, Romania, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available) Logistic details for bike and rider will be relayed nearer the time.
● Kit transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres.
● Please note that this is a transport only package. Your bike and kit will be delivered to the assistance paddock two days before the start of the event, and that is where our assistance will end. If you are after a more complete package, please refer to our ‘Lite’ and ‘Factory’ packages.
For more information, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into contact, whether its about the event itself, preparation of you or your bike, or anything else you can think of!