Red Bull Romaniacs – 2017
Desert Rose Racing are pleased to announce that they will be providing assistance services to the Red Bull Romaniacs
July 25-29th 2017
For the seventh year in a row, Desert Rose Racing will be providing assistance to the Red Bull Romaniacs. Offering both our ‘Lite’ and ‘Factory’ assistance packages, as well as being able to provide fully prepared ‘Romaniacs Ready’ bike hire!
Romaniacs is known to off road motorcyclists the world over, described by Red Bull themselves as a Hard Enduro Rallye, and with the tagline of the ‘Worlds hardest enduro’ its an event many aspire to complete! Based in Sibiu, Romania, with the paddock based in the centre of the city and the stage days running out from there and returning in the afternoon. The event promises some of the hardest and most ‘extreme’ terrain known in any Enduro, with long days and very little easy going as soon as you pass under the Red Bull arch each morning, it certainly lives up too its name!
With our own Clive ‘Zippy’ Town completing the event himself, not once but twice, he’ll be on hand from start to finish with the ability to pass on his wealth of experience from completing this and other ‘Extreme’ enduro events around the world.
We will be offering two levels of assistance, ‘Lite’ and ‘Factory’ the details of which are explained over the next few pages. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfilment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line!
Both packages include:
● Bike transport, to and from Sibui, Romania, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates!
● Transfer to each days stage start. Especially important on an ‘Extreme’ event when running very soft tyres. Some of the stage starts are 40+ kilometres from Sibui! We transport you to the start, so you, your bike and your tyres are fresh for the day ahead!
● A support vehicle at each day’s service check points, providing advice, refreshments, a covered area out of the weather, and carrying a selection of tools. The support vehicle does not leave until the last team rider has passed through.
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. If you haven’t raced abroad before, this can be a rather daunting prospect!
● A Desert Rose Racing ‘Romaniacs’ team jersey and tee-shirt.
Our ‘Factory’ support package:
● In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our ‘Factory’ support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and to the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.
For more information, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into contact, whether its about the event itself, preparation of you or your bike, or anything else you can think of!