Morocco Desert Challenge – 2019
Desert Rose Racing are pleased to be offering assistance for the Morocco Desert Challenge in its 11th year!
12 – 20 April 2019
Back for 2019 for its 11th year, the Morocco Desert Challenge! Morocco has a lot to offer and following the success of 2018 it will be covering the spectacular coast-to-coast route in which all magnificent parts of the desert will be represented. The 2019 route is totally renewed and with 2.5 stages in the Western Sahara (now Moroccan Sahara) we’re sure it will offer new horizons for most of you. The Morocco Desert Challenge is not only an adventure full of variety: fast tracks, technical parts, wide African plains, many dunes, salt lakes and legendary ancient Paris-Dakar-stages. All eight days and 3000 kilometres are completed without a single liaison stage, making this a truly epic event to be a part of!
Desert Rose Racing will be offering two levels of assistance for the Morocco Desert Challenge, ‘Lite’ and ‘Full’, the details of which are explained below. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfilment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! With nearly 20 years of Rallye experience, there is rarely a situation that occurs that we haven’t experienced before!
Both packages include:
● Our advice and support right from the start, on everything from preparing yourself and the bike, kit and gear choices, to help with the logistics of arriving at the event. All from our experience gained from our many years in the Rally world.
● Bike transport, to and from the event, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres, as well as extra tyres/mousses depending on event. This would all be transported bivouac to bivouac each day.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates!
● Historically, this event does not have service check points throughout the day. However, should this change for the 2018 edition, our support vehicle will be at them each day, providing advice, refreshments, a covered area out of the weather, and carrying a selection of tools. The support vehicle does not leave until the last team rider has passed through.
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. Early on in your rally career this can be a rather daunting prospect!
● A Desert Rose Racing team jersey and tee-shirt.
Our full support package:
● In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our full support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and too the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.
For more information, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into contact, whether its about the event itself, preparation of you or your bike, or anything else you can think of!