Illyria Raid ‘Spring Edition’- 2020
With the Spring edition of the Illyria raid selling out in record time, the organisation has added a later ‘Reverse’ edition of the same route in September! Desert Rose Racing will of course be attending and providing assistance for both!
Crossing seven countries in eight days all in a ‘non competitive’ format, the Illyria raid was the first event of its type. Becoming renowned for its variety of routes, terrain and stunning scenery, popular both with those looking for an enjoyable but challenging adventure ride with friends, or those looking for more bike time in training for other rally events. Now in its third edition, this year sees the event explore riding in Greece, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Croatia.
Daily distances are between 250-350km, with a minimum of 75% of the route being off-road. Each day will start and finish in a different city, with a moving ‘bivouac’ each night and a three star hotel included in your entry. With both GPS and full road-book classes available. All riders are supervised by GPS tracking with the event having it’s own medical team and on track recovery.
Desert Rose Racing will be offering two levels of assistance for the Illyria Raid, ‘Lite’ and ‘Full’, the details of which are explained below. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfilment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! With nearly 20 years of Rallye experience, there is rarely a situation that occurs that we haven’t experienced before!
Desert Rose Racing will be providing assistance for the Illyria Raid, the details of which are explained below. As this is a raid, the mechanical requirements compared to that of a competitive event are considerably less. With a well prepared, air filter changes and basic checks are all that should be required. For this reason we don’t include daily maintenance as part of or package. Should any repairs or more serious maintenance be required though, one of our team will be on hand to help you out no matter what the problem. If you were wanting a daily maintenance/service package, then we can of course accommodate this, feel free to get in touch for more information.
Both packages include:
● Our advice and support right from the start, on everything from preparing yourself and the bike, kit and gear choices, to help with the logistics of arriving at the event. All from our experience gained from our many years in the Rally world.
● Bike transport, to and from the event, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres, as well as extra tyres/mousses depending on event. This would all be transported bivouac to bivouac each day.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates!
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. Early on in your riding career this can be a rather daunting prospect!