Illyria Raid – 2018
With a new route for 2018, starting and finishing in Italy, and passing through 4 other countries, the Illyria raid is unique, be part of the Desert Rose team!
Crossing five countries in eight days all in a ‘non competitive’ format, the Illyria raid was the first event of its type. Becoming renowned for its variety of routes, terrain and stunning scenery, popular both with those looking for an enjoyable but challenging adventure ride with friends, or those looking for more bike time in training for other rally events. Now in its third edition, this year sees the event explore riding in Southern Italy, Albania, Greece, Montenegro and Bosnia.
Daily distances are between 250-350km, with a minimum of 75% of the route being off-road. Each day will start and finish in a different city, with a moving ‘bivouac’ each night. With both GPS and full road-book classes available. All riders are supervised by GPS tracking with the event having it’s own medical team and on track recovery.
Desert Rose Racing will be offering two levels of assistance for the Illyria Raid, ‘Lite’ and ‘Full’, the details of which are explained below. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfilment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! With nearly 20 years of Rallye experience, there is rarely a situation that occurs that we haven’t experienced before!
Both packages include:
● Our advice and support right from the start, on everything from preparing yourself and the bike, kit and gear choices, to help with the logistics of arriving at the event. All from our experience gained from our many years in the Rally world.
● Bike transport, to and from the event, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of two 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres, as well as extra tyres/mousses depending on event. This would all be transported bivouac to bivouac each day.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates!
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. Early on in your rally career this can be a rather daunting prospect!
● Desert Rose Racing also ensure that every bike that is transported with them to the start of the event is covered under a Carnet ATA, ensuring that there is no risk of anyones bike or kit being stranded at the port. Despite the extra cost that this incurs, we consider this an essential for rally bikes and equipment being through countries outside of Europe.
Our full support package:
● In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our full support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and too the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.
For more information, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get into contact, whether its about the event itself, preparation of you or your bike, or anything else you can think of!