Africa Eco Race 2017 – The Real Race to Dakar
31st December 2017 – 14th January 2018
The one and only true race to Dakar, the Africa Eco Race returns for its 10th edition. With a 6’500km route planned, starting in Monaco and the crossing over to Africa with 5 stages in Morocco, 6 stages in Mauritania and the finishing stage taking place at the infamous ‘Lac Rose’ in Senegal. This is a true adventure with a spirit and passion like no other. Known for its famous route, often crossing original ‘Dakar’ tracks, enviable bivouacs set under a thousand stars, superb organisation and an unparalleled level of safety and support from everyone involved.
Desert Rose Racing have been attending this event since 2015 both as competitors and as an assistance team, so there is no one better and more capable of helping you reach your ultimate goal of getting to Dakar! So don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like any more information on our support and assistance packages for this legendary, transcontinental, African rally!
Desert Rose Racing will be offering two levels of assistance for the Africa Eco Race, ‘Lite’ and ‘Full’, the details of which are explained below. Both packages include, most importantly, our legendary smiles, support, encouragement and the huge value of our experience! Giving you the most fulfillment out of your adventure and the very best chance of getting to the finish line! With nearly 20 years of Rallye experience, there is rarely a situation that occurs that we haven’t experienced before! As well as these we have the option of hiring one of our meticulously prepared rally bikes.
Both packages include:
Our advice and support right from the start, on everything from preparing yourself and the bike, kit and gear choices, to help with the logistics of arriving at the event. All from our experience gained from our many years in the Rally world, both as competitors and as assistance.
● Bike transport, to and from the event, from our workshop in Herstmonceux, East Sussex. (Bike collection service available)
● Kit Transport, to and from the event, transfer of three ‘Really Useful’ 64 litre boxes for your equipment and spares, as well as one soft kit bag for your riding gear. Plus two spare wheels fitted with tyres, as well as extra tyres/mousses depending on event. This would all be transported from bivouac to bivouac each day.
● Access to the ‘Umbrella’ of our support truck. A covered work area for you and your bike, rubber matting, lighting, a generator, air compressor, specialist tools, mousse and tyre changing equipment, sundries, refreshments and a table and chairs to sit around whilst you discuss the day’s adventures with your fellow team mates and mark up your road books!
● Access to the spares carried in our support truck.
● Our assistance through registration, signing on, scrutineering and any organisational contact throughout the event. Due to the scale of the event this can be a daunting process initially, but having the knowledge of the event that we do, we can help smooth out the process significantly!
● A Desert Rose Racing team jersey and tee-shirt.
Our Factory support package:
● In addition to the points listed above, when taking out our full support package, you will be assigned one our experienced mechanics. At the end of each day they’ll run through with you the condition of your bike, any works necessary and any issues that have arisen during the day. Your bike will be taken care of, any servicing carried out, and too the best of our abilities and time restraints, repairs carried out.